Position Summary: William & Mary’s Virginia Institute of Marine Science/School of Marine Science (VIMS/SMS) invites applications for 1 postdoctoral research associate to join in their study of the effects of multiple stressors on the physiology and behavior of ovigerous lobsters and their offspring.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Oversee experiments on effects of multi-stressors on ovigerous lobsters and their offspring
• Conduct behavioral studies and physiological measurements
• Data collection, analysis, and publication
• Provide mentorship of graduate and undergraduate students
Start date is negotiable, but ideally, the position will begin in spring/summer 2020.
Ph.D. or similar terminal degree in biological sciences, marine science, environmental science or a related discipline at time of appointment
• Working knowledge of basic laboratory procedures used in the performance of routine laboratory tests, operation of basic laboratory equipment, and collection of data or samples.
• Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to design experiments and sound research protocols.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently while managing multiple and competing priorities.
• Solid analytical skills with the ability to conduct statistical analyses and develop publications.
• Effective interpersonal communication skills.
Experience with conducting and/or publishing research focused on effects of climate change, invertebrate biology, or behavior