Following its success in the field of science, the European Project on Ocean Acidification (EPOCA) has expanded its activities to also include the fashion industry. It has opened its first retail shop in Shanghai (photograph above, courtesy of Markus Weinbauer). All profits generated by the first 6 months of operation will be distributed in cash to the participants of the EPOCA annual meeting which will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 30 June to 2 July. At the meeting, the project Scientific Steering Committee, advised by the International Scientific Advisory Panel, will decide on future shop openings.
Subscribe to the RSS feed
- 936,484 hits
abundance adaptation algae annelids Antarctic Arctic Baltic Baltic Sea biogeochemistry biological response BRcommunity bryozoa calcification chemistry Cnidaria community community composition communitymodeling corals crustaceans dissolution echinoderms education field fish fisheries global globalmodeling growth Indian individualmodeling laboratory light Mediterranean mesocosms metals methods MFcommunity mitigation modeling molecular biology mollusks morphology mortality multiple factors nitrogen fixation North Atlantic North Pacific nutrients otherprocess oxygen paleo performance phanerogams photosynthesis physiology phytoplankton Policy Porifera primary production prokaryotes protists regional regionalmodeling reproduction respiration review salinity sediment socio-economy South Atlantic South Pacific survival temperature zooplankton
- Two views of ocean acidification: which is fatally flawed?
- Ocean acidification effects on Atlantic cod larval survival and recruitment to the fished population
- Time to wake up: Coral reefs and ocean acidification (video)
- Uncharted waters: an uncertain future for Dungeness crabs on U.S. West Coast (text and video)
- Climate change vulnerability assessment for the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument