Following its success in the field of science, the European Project on Ocean Acidification (EPOCA) has expanded its activities to also include the fashion industry. It has opened its first retail shop in Shanghai (photograph above, courtesy of Markus Weinbauer). All profits generated by the first 6 months of operation will be distributed in cash to the participants of the EPOCA annual meeting which will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 30 June to 2 July. At the meeting, the project Scientific Steering Committee, advised by the International Scientific Advisory Panel, will decide on future shop openings.
Subscribe to the RSS feed
- 949,627 hits
abundance adaptation algae annelids Antarctic Arctic Baltic Baltic Sea biogeochemistry biological response BRcommunity bryozoa calcification chemistry Cnidaria community community composition communitymodeling corals crustaceans dissolution echinoderms education field fish fisheries global globalmodeling growth Indian individualmodeling laboratory light Mediterranean mesocosms metals methods MFcommunity mitigation modeling molecular biology mollusks morphology mortality multiple factors nitrogen fixation North Atlantic North Pacific nutrients otherprocess oxygen paleo performance phanerogams photosynthesis physiology phytoplankton Policy Porifera primary production prokaryotes protists regional regionalmodeling reproduction respiration review salinity sediment socio-economy South Atlantic South Pacific survival temperature zooplankton
- Meeting of the Biology Working Group of the Global Ocean Acidification Observing Network (GOA-ON), 10-11 October 2016, Monaco
- Stanford researchers release virtual reality simulation that transports users to ocean of the future
- BIOACID Exhibition - "OCEAN ACIDIFICATION: The Other Carbon Dioxide Problem"
- IAEA INT7019 Task Force Meeting on the Development and Standardization of Methodology, 12-14 October, Monaco
- SOARCE Webinar Series: "Telling the Ocean Acidification Story", 25 october 2016