Following its success in the field of science, the European Project on Ocean Acidification (EPOCA) has expanded its activities to also include the fashion industry. It has opened its first retail shop in Shanghai (photograph above, courtesy of Markus Weinbauer). All profits generated by the first 6 months of operation will be distributed in cash to the participants of the EPOCA annual meeting which will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 30 June to 2 July. At the meeting, the project Scientific Steering Committee, advised by the International Scientific Advisory Panel, will decide on future shop openings.
Subscribe to the RSS feed
- 818,418 hits
abundance adaptation algae annelids Antarctic Arctic Arctic Ocean bacteria Baltic Baltic Sea biogeochemistry biological response BRcommunity bryozoa calcification chemistry Cnidaria community community composition corals crustaceans dissolution echinoderms education field fish fisheries global globalmodeling growth Indian ocean laboratory light Mediterranean mesocosms metabolism metals methods mitigation modeling molecular biology mollusks morphology mortality multiple factors nitrogen fixation North Atlantic North Pacific nutrients otherprocess oxygen paleo performance phanerogams photosynthesis physiology phytoplankton Policy Porifera primary production prokaryotes protists regional regionalmodeling reproduction respiration review salinity sediment socio-economy Southern Ocean South Pacific survival temperature zooplankton
- ARC Research Associate - Ocean acidification on benthic marine life
- Effects of ocean acidification caused by rising CO2 on the early development of three mollusks
- Is there a CO2 tipping point for coral reefs?
- Update: Reviews and syntheses: Responses of coccolithophores to ocean acidification: a meta-analysis
- Shell-shocked: ocean acidification likely hampers tiny shell builders in Southern Ocean