Following its success in the field of science, the European Project on Ocean Acidification (EPOCA) has expanded its activities to also include the fashion industry. It has opened its first retail shop in Shanghai (photograph above, courtesy of Markus Weinbauer). All profits generated by the first 6 months of operation will be distributed in cash to the participants of the EPOCA annual meeting which will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 30 June to 2 July. At the meeting, the project Scientific Steering Committee, advised by the International Scientific Advisory Panel, will decide on future shop openings.
Subscribe to the RSS feed
- 832,761 hits
abundance adaptation algae annelids Antarctic Arctic Arctic Ocean bacteria Baltic Baltic Sea biogeochemistry biological response BRcommunity bryozoa calcification chemistry Cnidaria community community composition corals crustaceans dissolution echinoderms education field fish fisheries global globalmodeling growth Indian ocean laboratory light Mediterranean mesocosms metabolism metals methods mitigation modeling molecular biology mollusks morphology mortality multiple factors nitrogen fixation North Atlantic North Pacific nutrients otherprocess oxygen paleo performance phanerogams photosynthesis physiology phytoplankton Policy Porifera primary production prokaryotes protists regional regionalmodeling reproduction respiration review salinity sediment socio-economy South Atlantic South Pacific survival temperature zooplankton
- Post-doctoral Researcher in Coral Reef Biogeochemistry, Southern Cross University, Australia
- What is ocean acidification and how will it impact on marine life?
- Specialists express serious concerns about the possible impacts of Ocean Acidification on OECS Economies
- Juvenile Atlantic cod behavior appears robust to near-future CO2 levels
- Washington Ocean Acidification Center 2015 Science Symposium, 26 June 2015