Following its success in the field of science, the European Project on Ocean Acidification (EPOCA) has expanded its activities to also include the fashion industry. It has opened its first retail shop in Shanghai (photograph above, courtesy of Markus Weinbauer). All profits generated by the first 6 months of operation will be distributed in cash to the participants of the EPOCA annual meeting which will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 30 June to 2 July. At the meeting, the project Scientific Steering Committee, advised by the International Scientific Advisory Panel, will decide on future shop openings.
Subscribe to the RSS feed
- 724,434 hits
abundance adaptation algae annelids Antarctic Arctic Arctic Ocean bacteria Baltic Baltic Sea biodiversity biogeochemistry biological response BRcommunity bryozoa calcification chemistry Cnidaria community community composition corals crustaceans dissolution diversity echinoderms education field fish fisheries global growth Indian ocean laboratory light Mediterranean mesocosms metabolism methods mitigation modeling molecular biology mollusks morphology morphometry mortality multiple factors multiple stressors nitrogen fixation North Atlantic North Pacific nutrients otherprocess oxygen paleo performance phanerogams photosynthesis physiology phytoplankton Policy Porifera primary production prokaryotes protists regional reproduction respiration review salinity socio-economy Southern Ocean South Pacific survival temperature zooplankton
- Response of corals to ocean acidification: what can be learned from field studies?
- Energy metabolism and regeneration impaired by seawater acidification in the infaunal brittlestar, Amphiura filiformis
- Principal Investigator/Scientist position: fate and impacts of ocean greenhouse gases
- “Things you should know about ocean acidification” – a slide set for scientists introducing ocean acidification to a wider audience
- 2014 summer workshop on pH sensor best practices